Saturday, October 30, 2010

Worry Less - Aim For God's Kingdom - October 29, 2010

Daily Lectionary Readings for October 29, 2010
Psalm 26
Nahum 2:13-3:7
Revelation 13:1-10
Luke 12:13-31

Luke 12:13-31
"And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life?"(v.25)
I'm pretty sure that the answer to the question is no - worrying won't add a bit to the span of my life.  And yet worry I do.  Typically about things that don't merit the attention and beyond not adding any length to my life, serves absolutely no practical purpose at all.  It goes beyond not being constructive; it's inconsistent with the faith I profess.  God surely does care for us and provides for us and walks with us all of which I believe and which suggests that worry is a waste of time.  Aiming to worry less and to do as Jesus suggests and "Instead, strive for his kingdom...."(v.31)  Striving for God's kingdom - there's a purpose with great upside.

No comments:

Post a Comment