Thursday, January 20, 2011

Arriving In Israel On My Birthday

I'm on track with my reading - finished Mark's gospel this morning on the airplane from JFK in New York to Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv.  Lack of internet access has me two days off in the corresponding blogging.  So Mark 13, 14 and Mark 15, 16 are forthcoming.  However, wanted to throw in this personal bit to share what a great day it's been.  Left Louisville yesterday (1/19) at 11:00 a.m.  Went to Detroit and then to JFK and then left New York at around 9:30.

We arrived here in Israel at 2:57 p.m. with the time change.

Got on a bus that brought us to the Royal Plaza hotel in Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee.  The moon is full and I am sitting here on the patio of the hotel, outdoors, blogging and taking in the wonder of the Galilee at night.

Looking forward to getting started on our tour tomorrow and to having the opportunity to lead the devotional at Caeserea Phillipi.  Missing Cameron and Eliza on my birthday, but very thankful for Jane Bond who is staying with them while we are gone.  Here it's snowing back home and computer says school let out early.  I guess it's especially good to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment