Saturday, September 11, 2010

Septermber 11 - September 11, 2010

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."       Psalm 118:2

Daily Lectioanry For September 11, 2010
Psalm 18:1-20
Job 38:1-17
Acts 15:22-35
John 11:45-54

Job 38:1-17
God responds to Job.  A helpful word from God about God's perspective and how vastly different it is then our own.  Nine years after 9/11, watching the replay again - that I can't not watch - on MSNBC, it is still incomprehensible.  I think I watch partially because it feels as though it is still happening and to watch over time somehow unpacks the layers of the incomprehensibility a bit.  It is real and raw and painful and shared by so many.  Reading God's response to Job doesn't make the incomprehensible any more clear.  Reading God's response to Job assures that there have been things beyond our understanding for as long as we have been around,  but that ultimately we are in God's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment